Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kaka'ako Park July 4, 2011

For the first time in awhile the crew had no plans for July 4th due to the burnout factor. We've been bbq-ing for the past 2 months every single weekend. July 4th was supposed to be a chill day but I wasn't about to stay in the house with the weather as good as it was. Knowing that every beach on the island especially on the south shore was going to be packed I figured I'd take my chances. First try was Kaka'ako Beach Park right before Kewalos and Ala Moana. Unbelievably it was empty! We got front row seats on the top of the hill with plenty of parking. Just a couple blocks away at Ala Moana Beach Park our usual spot was 50,000 people who had camped over night to get a front row view of the fireworks show later that night. There's not much pics of our spread because I kept it simple (dogs, juice, beer, and chips) for the simple fact that I had no idea who would be showing up. By the end of the day we accumulated a small crew. My brother and his fam came straight off a flight from SF and Marlon and his fam decided to make an appearance. The kids got to slip n slide and go swimming and the adults got to enjoy some cold drinks and a beautiful view!































Be on the lookout for our next event. Mikala's Grad BBQ this weekend at Magic Island.