Friday, August 10, 2012

SXA Backyard BBQ at The Speed Merchant Workshop

This was pretty much the day I'd been anticipating for weeks leading up to it. Today the SXA Ohana was going to be doing a BBQ at The Speed Merchant Workshop with local Braddahs Brandon "Brawny" Holstein and Nelson Kanno. These are two of the coolest local braddahs in my book. Both from Mililani where I live now doing big things out in Long Beach. Along with these two braddahs was a bunch of friends who were also from Hawaii as well as their families. It was a really good vibe and place to have a BBQ. I'd seen a similar event that Nelson did maybe 10 years back at Chica's shop where he used to work. I thought that was the shit to be able to BBQ and drink beers around some sick bikes and cars. This BBQ was a lot more intimate with a smaller group of really good people. My crew and I had prepared 20 pounds of ribs and 20 pounds of chicken along with some veggie skewers enough to feed an army. Brawny and Len guys made some fresh poke and Nelson and Sasha brought da rice and some fresh veggies grown from their garden right around the way. I can't express how much of a good time I had meeting the braddahs crew and eating, drinking, and talking story well into the night. Big mahalos to Braddah Dave Park for riding his bike all the way from San Diego to sample some local style BBQ, as well as to Brawny and Nelson for helping to organize this goodtime BBQ! (Get more pics on Hawaii x Destory)!

Nick holding down the veggies portion of the BBQ!
Like fada like son!!! Spock da mout!!!
Braddah Nos and Braddah Moblow!
Braddah Stance Socks Ryan Kingman!



Hangin' Loose with Braddah Len!