Saturday, October 22, 2011

The "Shaka Press" makes it's debut!







It's been since June that I finished the "Shaka Press". My original intention was to have the first tees printed in time for our summer bbq's out at Magic Island by the end of June but ran into a few obstacles along the way. After watching Youtube about a hundred times on how to coat and burn the image onto a screen I pretty much failed about 5 times. After going through a whole container of emulsion and ruining the very first screen, I bought a new batch of emulsion to see if that was the problem. Low and behold I was finally able to wash out the image the very first try. All along there was something wrong with the initial batch of emulsion and it wasn't my incompetence that was holding back my progress. Once I got the screen done I called all the friends to come down with some tees and beers and let them print their own. Everybody was psyched on the process! The drying process on the other hand wasn't quite as successful. We used a heat gun from Marlon's paint shop but didn't know how long to dry the tees for. I found out a couple days later when all my white laundry had black ink all over it that we didn't dry it long enough!!!